The Clerk-Treasurer is an elected official who serves as the fiscal officer and clerk for the Town. Some of the responsibilities for this official include:
- Receiving and caring for town money and paying out claims only on order of the legislative body;
- Keeping an accounting of when and from where the clerk-treasurer has received town money and when and to where the clerk-treasurer has paid town money;
- Prescribing payroll and account forms for all town offices;
- Managing the finances and accounts of the town and making investments of town money;
- Preparing for the legislative body the budget estimates of miscellaneous revenue, financial statements, and the proposed tax rate;
- Issuing all licenses authorized by statute and collecting the fees fixed by ordinance;
- Serving as clerk of the legislative body by attending its meetings and recording its proceedings;
- Serving as an ex-officio member of the town council solely for the purpose of casting the deciding vote to break a tie; and
- Receiving public records requests.
Meet Clerk-Treasurer Erica Salmon
Erica Salmon has served as the Clerk-Treasurer of Cumberland since 2014. She enjoys photography and lives with her family in the Glen Oaks neighborhood.