The Cumberland Metropolitan Police Department conducts regular employment processes seeking both Full-Time Sworn Police Officers and Reserve Volunteer Police Officers each year. CMPD utilizes this page, its Facebook Page, Instagram Page, and the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA) Webpage to post job openings and the beginning of each new recruitment process.
CMPD Facebook Page: Cumberland Metropolitan Police Department - IN
CMPD Instagram: @Cumberland.Metro.PD
ILEA - Job Opportunities Page: https://www.in.gov/ilea/2450.htm
NOW HIRING POLICE OFFICERS!
CMPD IS NOW CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICER
TO APPLY CLICK HERE:
To apply, you must be at least 21 years old and less than 40 years old (per INPRS PERF Requirements), possess a high school diploma or GED, possess a valid driver’s license, and be a US Citizen. You must not have any felony, domestic violence, operating vehicle while intoxicated, or drug convictions and must not have been dishonorably discharged from military service.
- Starting Probationary Salary 2022: $52,590.72 per year
- Starting Probationary Salary beginning January 1, 2023: $56,543.76 per year
- Patrolman Salary beginning January 1, 2023 (After Probationary Year or Lateral Starting): $60,496.80 per year
- Uniforms and Equipment Furnished by CMPD
- Take-Home Vehicle Program with Off-Duty Uses (if residence is within 25 miles of Cumberland)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans (PPO/HSA options)
- Paid Overtime Opportunities and Compensatory Time Accrual (PTO/ATO)
- INPRS (PERF) 1977 Police Officer’s Pension Program
- Longevity Pay beginning after 3 years of service ($200.00 per year of service, no cap)
- Body Worn and In Car Camera Technology
- Visible Tattoos and Facial Hair Authorized (with some restrictions)
- Load Baring Vests Option
- Tactical Team (SWAT) Opportunity with Hancock County Joint Tactical Team
- 80 Hours of Vacation after six months of employment
- 11 to 13 Floating Holidays per year
- Clothing/Uniform allowance $800.00 per year (After first year)
- 8 Hours of Perfect Attendance every quarter
- 12 Hour Shifts with alternating weekends off (2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off)
- ODE Opportunities after Probationary Year
- Abundant Training Opportunities
- Growing Town and Police Department
- Abbreviated FTO Program for LATERAL Transfers
Applications will be accepted until all open positions are filled.
CLICK HERE FOR HIRING AD!